Katie keeps three pet tropical fish. From the picture and clues below, can you
match the position of each fish (A, B, C) with its name and age ( 6, 7, 8 months)?
1. Fish A is younger than Angel but is older than Jaws (who isn’t pictured at B).
2. One fish is named Bubbles.
WALKING THE DOG
Three dogs are being taken for a walk by their owners. From the picture and
clues can you match the position of each dog (A,B,C) with its name, the name
of its owner and the house number where each owner lives (18,20,22)?
A B C
1. The owner of the dog pictured at A lives in a house with a higher number
than the house where the owner of Lucky lives but a lower number than the
house where the owner named Helen lives.
2. Rover has run away from his owner who lives at number 22.
3. The owner named Susan is pictured wearing sunglasses.
4. One of the dogs is called Fido and one of the owners is named Kate.
Can you find the hidden numbers? They may be horizontal or vertical.
02937, 16982, 19832, 22139, 23442, 33987, 42734, 47382,
47732, 56893, 63847, 78916, 78923, 84842, 92928, 93252.
Look at the clues below and fill all the numbers you can
into the grid. Then start again and use your answers to
help solve the other clues.
1. Fifty-four divided by three
2. Number of days in a fortnight
3. Half of 5842
4. 17 across divided by three
6. Four times 15 across
7. 9 down minus ninety
9. 123 reversed
11. Five times 1131
14. Half of 152
15. 10 across doubled
17. Four times twenty-three
19. Seventy-five divided by five
2. Ninety-one doubled
4. Half of sixty-eight
5. 7 across plus 14 down
7. Sixty-six divided by three
8. 3421 reversed
10. Fifty-two divided by four
12. Number of hours in a day
13. Half of 3536
15. Three times seven
16. Five times thirteen
17. Forty-eight doubled
18. Eight times sixty-four
Look at the clues below and see if you can make new words by
changing just one letter in each of these words.
1. Change CAT into something to wear
2. Change BOX into an animal
3. Change DOG into a piece of wood
Can you make new words by adding two letters to the front of
each of these words?
1. Change ANT into something huge
2. Change APE into a fruit
3. Change OWL into an animal sound
Can you find some 3-letter words jumbled up in ICE CREAM?
1. A form of transport
2. Part of the body
3. Used for listening
4. Something you breathe
5. A male sheep
Look at the letters in each set of words and see if you can find
the word which is the odd one out.
1. BEAD, EASY, FEET, IDEA, TEAM
2. CHAIR, EAGLE, SMILE, UNCLE, WORLD
3. BEETLE, CATTLE, KETTLE, NETTLE, RATTLE